Creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 2 bay leaves, lightly crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
- 1kg Jerusalem artichokes, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans
- chopped chives, to garnish
- ¼ cup lite sour cream, to garnish
- 4 slices wholegrain or seeded sourdough bread, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 In a large pot, heat half of the oil over medium. Add onion, celery, carrot and bay leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for another minute before adding Jerusalem artichokes, stock and 3 cups water.
2 Cover and continue to cook for another 20 minutes until the artichokes have begun to break down.
3 Purée the soup using a stick blender or in a food processor. Add beans and heat through for another 5 minutes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, garnish with chives and a dollop of sour cream and serve with bread on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check stock and sour cream are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Massels Chicken Stock Powder and Zenzo Sour Cream. Check bread is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us