Marinated spicy chicken burger
- 550g skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 lemon, juice
- 3 tablespoons korma paste or mild curry paste
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriandercilantroX
- Mango salsa
- 1 small mango, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice
- 4 small (45g) mini naans or pita breads
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced marinated red capsicum or peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- 4 cups garden salad with a little vinaigrette
1 Place chicken between plastic wrap sheets (or in a plastic bag) and hit with a rolling pin to flatten until double in size. Cut flattened chicken in thin strips.
2 Combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken and place in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3 Meanwhile, prepare salsa by mixing salsa ingredients together.
4 Cook chicken on a barbecue hotplate or in a heated pan for 4-5 minutes each side.
5 Warm naan. Split each open and assemble burger. Fill with chicken and top with a dollop of mango salsa. Garnish with spring onions and marinated capsicum. Serve with salad.
- If you don't have a mango, use a fresh nectarine for the salsa.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free naan or pita bread. Check sweet chilli sauce and curry paste are gluten free.
This recipe can be prepared ahead. The chicken and salsa taste better the longer they are chilled.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like