Chicken and pea pasta bake
(at time of publication)
- 250g macaroni pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 cup frozen pea and corn sweetcornXmix
- 1 ½ cups shredded, skinless cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 375ml can light and creamy evaporated milk
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fresh oregano, chopped (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium heat. Add onion and leek. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add vegetables and chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add flour. Stir to combine, then add milk and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through. Add pasta. Toss to coat. Remove from heat.
3 Transfer pasta mixture to 4, 2-cup capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. To serve, sprinkle with oregano (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.