Chicken and vegetable loaf with creamy mushroom sauce
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 300g chicken or turkey mince
- spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 3 teaspoons vinaigrette dressing made with 2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar and 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl, with clean hands, combine carrot, courgette, onion, half of the mushrooms, the breadcrumbs, eggs, celery salt and chicken mince.
3 Into the prepared tin, place mince mixture and smooth the top. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and brown on top. Remove from oven and rest for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
4 Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add remaining mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add smoked paprika and stock and bring to a simmer. Add yoghurt and stir to combine. Remove from heat and season with pepper to taste.
5 Slice cooked loaf in thick slices. Serve with sauce and rocket dressed with vinaigrette and seasoned with pepper.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check paprika, stock and yoghurt are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.