Chicken and vegetable loaf with creamy mushroom sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 300g chicken or turkey mince
- spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup reduced-fat, Greek-style yoghurt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 3 teaspoons vinaigrette dressing made with 2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar and 1 teaspoon olive oil
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl, with clean hands, combine carrot, courgette, onion, half of the mushrooms, the breadcrumbs, eggs, celery salt and chicken mince.
3 Into the prepared tin, place mince mixture and smooth the top. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and brown on top. Remove from oven and rest for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
4 Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add remaining mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add smoked paprika and stock and bring to a simmer. Add yoghurt and stir to combine. Remove from heat and season with pepper to taste.
5 Slice cooked loaf in thick slices. Serve with sauce and rocket dressed with vinaigrette and seasoned with pepper.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check paprika, stock and yoghurt are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us