Sesame-soy salmon with stir-fried rice
Time to make: 25 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 small bunch kale, trimmed, centre vein removed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- oil spray
- 2 bunches steamed broccolini or 4 cups broccoli florets, to serve
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the mirin and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil. Add salmon fillets, turn to coat. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In a large wok, heat remaining sesame oil over a high heat. Stir-fry peas and capsicum for 1 minute. Add kale and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Add steamed rice and remaining soy sauce and mirin. Stir-fry until heated through and combined. Keep the stir-fried rice warm.
- Heat a chargrill pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drain the salmon and lightly spray with oil. Grill salmon fillets for 2 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve grilled salmon on rice with steamed broccolini.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and mirin are gluten free.
Find mirin at Asian grocers or the international section of supermarkets, or substitute with 1 teaspoon sugar.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us