Chicken and udon noodle soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 200g packets shelf-stable udon noodles (see tip)
- 450g bag coleslaw
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Set a medium saucepan with 2 cups water over high heat. Add chicken stock, garlic, chilli and noodles. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, or until noodles soften.
2 Meanwhile, place coleslaw, bok choy and chicken in 4 large, deep soup bowls. Divide noodles among bowls and ladle about 1 1/2 cups broth over each, then cover and leave to stand for 2 minutes to heat veges and chicken through.
3 Garnish chicken and noodle soup with coriander and extra chilli, if preferred, and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and noodles.
Shelf-stable foods are handy pantry staples. ‘Shelf stable’ just means food has been packaged in a way that keeps it fresh, without the need for refrigeration.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us