Chicken banh mi
- oil spray
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 x 475g bags Asian-style coleslaw mix (dressing excluded)
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 long crusty wholemeal or wholegrain rolls
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, leaves torn
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and slice thinly.
- In a large bowl combine lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce. Add coleslaw mix and capsicum and toss.
- Slice rolls lengthways, being careful not to cut right through. Fill each roll with some salad mix, chicken and coriander. Serve remaining salad on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
If you can’t find Asian-style coleslaw mix, make your own by shredding cabbage and other leafy veges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread rolls and check sauces are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us