Chicken and vege couscous soup
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons oil or spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 8 cups liquid chicken stock made with 3 teaspoons chicken stock powder and 8 cups water
- 400g lean chicken breast, sliced
- 4 cups diced vegetables: carrots, leeks, celery, beans
- 1 ½ cups instant couscous
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion, chilli flakes, garlic paste and lemon zest. Cook until softened.
2 Add stock and lemon juice.Bring to simmer. Stir in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3 Add vegetables and couscous and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time until couscous is soft. Spoon into bowls and if preferred, serve with crusty bread. and garnish with fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use cooked brown rice instead of couscous and check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.