Chicken and vege couscous soup
- 2 teaspoons oil or oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 8 cups liquid chicken stock made with 3 teaspoons chicken stock powder and 8 cups water
- 400g lean chicken breast, sliced
- 4 cups diced vegetables: carrots, leeks, celery, beans
- 1 ½ cups instant couscous
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion, chilli flakes, garlic paste and lemon zest. Cook until softened.
2 Add stock and lemon juice.Bring to simmer. Stir in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3 Add vegetables and couscous and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time until couscous is soft. Spoon into bowls and if preferred, serve with crusty bread. and garnish with fresh coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use cooked brown rice instead of couscous and check stock is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us