Chicken and vege falafels with minty yoghurt dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 400g can lentils, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Combine all falafel ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together well (use your hands if you like). Form into patties. Do this ahead, if preferred, and refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours.
2 To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
3 When ready to cook patties, heat a pan or barbecue grill to a medium heat. Spray with oil. Add patties and cook until golden and cooked through – about 8 minutes each side. Serve with salad and bread rolls, or in burger buns or pita breads, with a dollop of dressing.