Vege stir-fry with ginger and spicy peanut sauce
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 150g tempeh, chopped (see tip)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 courgettezucchiniX, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped asparagus or green beans
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh turmeric (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds or peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- chilli flakes, to garnish (optional)
- Peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- boiling water
1 Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
2 Heat half the sesame oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add tempeh, tossing until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Return pan to heat and add vegetables, ginger and turmeric. Stir-fry until veges are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add tempeh back into pan and add soy sauce. Remove from heat.
4 In a small bowl, combine peanut sauce ingredients. Add enough boiling water to make a smooth sauce.
5 To serve, divide stir-fried veges and rice between 2 plates and drizzle over peanut sauce. Garnish with nuts and chilli flakes, if desired.
Find tempeh in the chilled section of most supermarkets, next to the tofu.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $84. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like