Chicken and vegetable souvlaki
Time to make: 10 mins , plus 1 hr marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 To make marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Cover, then marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium high.
3 Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 4–6 minutes (2–3 minutes each side), or until cooked through. Serve.
Steamed rice and a green salad
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us