Chicken in honey beer sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 600g lean chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- Stir-fried vegetables
- oil spray
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, broken into florets
- 6 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby carrots or 3 carrots, sliced into sticks
- 1 bok choy, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice and quinoa mix, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and cook shallots until softened. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until evenly golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, maple syrup, soy sauce, beer and ¹/³ cup of water, and add to pan. Toss chicken to coat in the sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray another pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add veges to chicken pan and toss lightly. Serve immediately with rice and quinoa mix. Garnish with coriander.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us