Chicken, kumara and cauliflower curry
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry paste
- pinch dried red chilli (optional)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- ½ small head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 1 bunch broccolini or broccoli, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 slices mountain bread, halved
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add chicken, curry paste and chilli (if using). Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
2 Add 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, kumara and cauliflower. Cook, uncovered, for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and curry has reduced and thickened.
3 Add broccolini and yoghurt. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until broccolini is tender. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with mountain bread.
If you like spicy curry, use a vindaloo curry paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.