Chicken, kumara and cauliflower curry
- spray oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut in 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry paste
- pinch dried red chilli (optional)
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- ½ small head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 1 bunch broccolini or broccoli, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 slices mountain bread, halved
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add chicken, curry paste and chilli (if using). Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
2 Add 2 cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes, kumara and cauliflower. Cook, uncovered, for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and curry has reduced and thickened.
3 Add broccolini and yoghurt. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until broccolini is tender. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with mountain bread.
If you like spicy curry, use a vindaloo curry paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.