Herb-crusted pork with kumara and pea salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed, cut in 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 100g baby spinach
1 Combine fresh herbs on a chopping board. Arrange in a thin layer and season with cracked black pepper. Roll pork fillet in herb mixture to coat evenly on all sides.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook pork, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until pork is browned and cooked. Remove pork from heat and lightly cover with tinfoil and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut pork in thick slices and set aside.
3 Meanwhile, steam kumara for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Transfer kumara to a heatproof bowl. Add peas and onion. Stir lemon juice and yoghurt to combine then pour mixture over warm vegetables and toss gently.
4 Serve pork on a bed of spinach with kumara and pea salad.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information