Herb-crusted pork with kumara and pea salad
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX, scrubbed, cut in 1cm-thick rounds
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 100g baby spinach
1 Combine fresh herbs on a chopping board. Arrange in a thin layer and season with cracked black pepper. Roll pork fillet in herb mixture to coat evenly on all sides.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook pork, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until pork is browned and cooked. Remove pork from heat and lightly cover with tinfoil and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut pork in thick slices and set aside.
3 Meanwhile, steam kumara for 6-8 minutes or until just tender. Transfer kumara to a heatproof bowl. Add peas and onion. Stir lemon juice and yoghurt to combine then pour mixture over warm vegetables and toss gently.
4 Serve pork on a bed of spinach with kumara and pea salad.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like