Steak with Dijon and tarragon sauceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4 x 150g sirloin or scotch fillet steaks
- 4 medium baked potatoes, to serve
- 6 cups steamed vegetables of your choice, to serve
- Dijon and tarragon sauce
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon (plus extra, to serve)
1 Brush a large, non-stick frying pan or chargrill with half the oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add steaks to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
2 To make the Dijon and tarragon sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
3 Divide steaks among plates. Pour over sauce and sprinkle with chopped tarragon. Serve with potatoes and vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Dijon and wholegrain mustards.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information