Chicken Niçoise salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 baby gem lettuces
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cooked chicken, cut in strips
- 1/3 cup chopped tarragon or parsley
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Soft-boil eggs (see Back to basics: Eggs), then run under cold water. Set aside.
2 Plunge the beans into boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, then place in icy water and leave for
2 minutes. Drain.
3 Place lentils in a large bowl. Shred lettuce and add to bowl with remaining salad vegetables. Toss. Mix dressing ingredients together and add to salad with the chicken.
4 Peel eggs and halve. Divide salad between bowls and top with eggs. Garnish with fresh tarragon or parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)