Chicken Niçoise salad
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 baby gem lettuces
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cooked chicken, cut in strips
- ⅓ cup chopped tarragon or parsley
1 Soft-boil eggs (see Back to basics: Eggs), then run under cold water. Set aside.
2 Plunge the beans into boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, then place in icy water and leave for
2 minutes. Drain.
3 Place lentils in a large bowl. Shred lettuce and add to bowl with remaining salad vegetables. Toss. Mix dressing ingredients together and add to salad with the chicken.
4 Peel eggs and halve. Divide salad between bowls and top with eggs. Garnish with fresh tarragon or parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us