Fish with homemade tartare sauce, fennel slaw and crispy crushed potatoes
- 160g floury potatoes (we used Agria)
- spray oil
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 6 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (300g) white fish fillets (eg. terakihi)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, until potatoes are just cooked through. Drain and pat dry, then place in a lined roasting dish. Crush lightly with a masher and spray with oil. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine vegetables. Add lemon juice and zest and mix.
- To make tartare sauce, in a small bowl combine yoghurt and mayonnaise with capers, mustard, vinegar and pepper.
- Spray a pan with oil and bring to medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side. Serve with fennel slaw, potatoes and tartare sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like