Fish with homemade tartare sauce, fennel slaw and crispy crushed potatoes
(at time of publication)
- 160g floury potatoes (we used Agria)
- oil spray
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 6 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (300g) white fish fillets (eg. terakihi)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes, until potatoes are just cooked through. Drain and pat dry, then place in a lined roasting dish. Crush lightly with a masher and spray with oil. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine vegetables. Add lemon juice and zest and mix.
- To make tartare sauce, in a small bowl combine yoghurt and mayonnaise with capers, mustard, vinegar and pepper.
- Spray a pan with oil and bring to medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side. Serve with fennel slaw, potatoes and tartare sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information