Chicken, mushroom and tarragon casserole
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 green capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups flat mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 large sprigs fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (750g)
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 6 cups cooked mashed kumara or brown rice, to serve
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat slow cooker and turn to low. Place all ingredients — except cornflour, peas and mash — in slow cooker and set on low for 7 hours.
2 After 7 hours, combine cornflour with enough cold water to form a smooth paste. Remove lid, stir well and add paste and peas. Cook for 30 more minutes.
3 Remove tarragon sprigs before serving with mash or rice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and cornflour
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us