Smokin’ Spanish beans
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- ½ can no-added-salt tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups kale, stalks removed, leaves torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- handful flat-leaf parsley
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a large non-stick pan heat olive oil over a low—medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste and paprika, cooking until onions are translucent.
2 Add the mushrooms and garlic, increasing the heat to medium and cooking for 5 minutes until nicely coloured.
3 Pour over the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, turning down to a simmer once they start to bubble. Add cannellini beans and finally the spinach and kale on top. Season with pepper and lemon juice. Put a lid on the pan to steam greens.
4 After 3 minutes remove lid and stir. Check seasoning and serve beans in a big bowl. Scatter with torn parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste and paprika are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 22g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.