Smokin’ Spanish beans
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- ½ can no-added-salt tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups kale, stalks removed, leaves torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- handful flat-leaf parsley
1 In a large non-stick pan heat olive oil over a low—medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste and paprika, cooking until onions are translucent.
2 Add the mushrooms and garlic, increasing the heat to medium and cooking for 5 minutes until nicely coloured.
3 Pour over the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, turning down to a simmer once they start to bubble. Add cannellini beans and finally the spinach and kale on top. Season with pepper and lemon juice. Put a lid on the pan to steam greens.
4 After 3 minutes remove lid and stir. Check seasoning and serve beans in a big bowl. Scatter with torn parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste and paprika are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 22g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us