Chicken pot pies
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light cooking cream
- 650g frozen mixed vegetables, partially thawed
- 1 sheet frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, just thawed
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2 Add chicken to pan and cook until browned. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Add cream and veges and stir to combine.
3 Divide chicken mixture among 4 x 1 1/2-cup capacity pie dishes and place on a large baking tray. Cut 4 x 12cm rounds from pastry. Top each dish with a pastry round, pinching or pressing edges to seal. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until pie lids are crisp and golden.
To boost flavour, stir 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard in with the cream at end of step 2.
Freeze the chicken filling to cook a fast meal on busy nights.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)