Baked chicken and pea risotto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup arborio rice
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons finely grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Heat oven to 160°C. Heat olive oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, chicken and half the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
2 Add thyme and rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until thyme is fragrant and rice is coated in oil. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Cover pan, place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, combine remaining onion with baby rocket, sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl to make salad.
4 Remove pan from oven. Stir peas into the risotto, cover pan and bake for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are hot.
5 Scatter risotto with parmesan, season with pepper and serve with rocket salad.
- You can swap the peas for broccoli, green beans or shelled broad beans.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like