Baked chicken and pea risotto
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 2 tablespoons oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons finely grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat oven to 160°C. Heat olive oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan set over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, chicken and half the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
2 Add thyme and rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until thyme is fragrant and rice is coated in oil. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Cover pan, place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, combine remaining onion with baby rocket, sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl to make salad.
4 Remove pan from oven. Stir peas into the risotto, cover pan and bake for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender and peas are hot.
5 Scatter risotto with parmesan, season with pepper and serve with rocket salad.
- You can swap the peas for broccoli, green beans or shelled broad beans.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)