Chicken satay skewers with peanut dipping sauce
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 8 small button mushrooms, halved
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼-½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
- 400g bok choy, ends trimmed and washed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lime, cut in 4 wedges, to serve
1 Immerse 8-10 large bamboo skewers in water to soak.
2 Mix together yoghurt, curry powder and garlic, then spread over chicken strips and sliced vegetables in a large shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3 While chicken and vegetables are marinating, mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar together in a small pot over a low heat. Add a little hot water at a time to thin the sauce to the desired consistency.
4 After 2 hours, turn the grill setting on your oven to high. Now thread the chicken pieces and vegetables onto the skewers and place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
5 Grill for 5 minutes, then turn skewers over. Grill for another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
6 While the skewers are cooking, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Place bok choy in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from water and drain.
7 Place skewers on serving plate and scatter over coriander leaves. Serve with peanut dipping sauce, bok choy, hot rice and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and soy sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.