Mexican mince and bean tortilla bowls
- 6 large wholemeal wraps
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 400g can no-added-salt 4-bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced (see tips)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced lengthways
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXchips, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 6 x 2-cup ramekins and place on oven tray. Spray wraps with oil and fold to fit ramekins and form a bowl shape. Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on tray. Wraps will firm up.
2 Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Brown beef mince for 4 minutes, stirring to break up lumps. Stir in seasoning and cook for 3 minutes. Add beans and canned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
3 Spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Add sweetcorn and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. In a bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes and chilli.
4 Place each tortilla bowl on a plate. Fill with lettuce and beef mixture. Top with tomato mixture, yoghurt, charred corn, spring onion, coriander and broken corn chips. Serve with lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check Mexican seasoning and corn chips are gluten free.
If avocados are scarce use chopped capsicum instead.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like