Chicken, tomato and olive casserole
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 rashers lean bacon, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup (50g) pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 4 cups risoni pasta or rice, cooked
- 2 cups green beans, steamed, to serve
1 Heat a large pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
2 Spray pan again and add onion, bacon and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
3 Add tomatoes, water, olives and chicken to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4 Serve chicken with risoni or rice and beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us