Chicken tikka with chickpeas and spinach rice
- ¼ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon tikka curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium (600g) skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed, leaves chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine yoghurt, curry paste and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2 Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place chicken in a single layer on prepared tray. Grill, turning, for 10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a large deep non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add chickpeas, beans and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until beans are almost tender.
4 Add cooked rice and spinach to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until rice is heated through and spinach is just wilted. Stir through remaining lemon juice and season with pepper.
5 Serve chicken with the rice and an extra dollop of yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.