Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 small carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- spray oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ cup cooked brown rice (or use ready-steamed)
- 100g fresh salmon or tuna (or a mix), cubed
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, to serve
- pinch of chilli flakes, to serve 1 teaspoon pickled ginger, to garnish (optional)
- ½ teaspoon wasabi, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 35g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a bowl, place cucumber and carrot. In a cup, combine vinegar and mirin. Pour over carrot and cucumber, stir to coat. Set aside.
2 Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft and browned. Remove from pan and add soy sauce. Allow to cool slightly.
3 In a bowl, place rice. Top with cucumber and carrots, fish and mushrooms. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli flakes and serve with ginger and wasabi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check vinegar, mirin and soy sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)