Garlic and pepper steak stir-fry with brown rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ¾ cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 400g lean rump steak, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250g frozen sliced beans, thawed
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
- 425g can baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed
- brown rice and quinoa, heated as directed
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 In a jug, whisk cornflour, stock and oyster sauce until combined. Set aside.
2 In a bowl, place steak slices, pepper and garlic. Stir well to combine. Spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with olive oil and set over a high heat. Add half of the steak and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well seared. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef.
3 Reheat the pan. Add beans, capsicum and baby corn. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Set aside with the beef.
4 Reduce heat to medium. Into the pan, pour sauce mixture. Stir until thickened. Add beef and vegetables to sauce and toss to combine. Serve stir-fry with heated rice.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour, stock and oyster sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)