Garlic and pepper steak stir-fry with brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ¾ cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 400g lean rump steak, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250g frozen sliced beans, thawed
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
- 425g can baby corn, rinsed and drained, halved
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed
- brown rice and quinoa, heated as directed
1 In a jug, whisk cornflour, stock and oyster sauce until combined. Set aside.
2 In a bowl, place steak slices, pepper and garlic. Stir well to combine. Spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with olive oil and set over a high heat. Add half of the steak and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well seared. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef.
3 Reheat the pan. Add beans, capsicum and baby corn. Stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Set aside with the beef.
4 Reduce heat to medium. Into the pan, pour sauce mixture. Stir until thickened. Add beef and vegetables to sauce and toss to combine. Serve stir-fry with heated rice.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour, stock and oyster sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us