Asian chicken noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli paste or chilli flakes
- 400g shelf-fresh thin Hokkien noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, grated or finely sliced
- 2 medium red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 medium green capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, green part only, finely sliced
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 Combine hoisin sauce and chilli in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet directions. Drain, rinse under cold water to cool, drain again and set aside.
3 Place cooked chicken, carrots, capsicums, half the noodles and spring onions in a large bowl with the hoisin-chilli dressing. Toss.
4 Divide remaining noodles among 4 serving bowls and top with chicken noodle salad. Garnish with peanuts and remaining sliced spring onions and serve.
Make it low FODMAP: Use rice noodles instead of Hokkien noodles.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information