Chilli beans and lentils on toast
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 ½ teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 400g can kidney beans in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 250g frozen chopped spinach
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 8 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray the base of a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add coriander and Mexican chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Stir in kidney beans, lentils, tomatoes, spinach and sultanas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thick and heated through. Spoon bean mixture onto toast and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
Buy small portions or blocks of frozen spinach, which thaw into the chilli-bean sauce faster than a single 250g frozen spinach block.
Subscribe now for more delicious high fibre vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your door!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 20g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.