Red curry lentils with rice and pappadums
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 12 button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 2 cups green beans, ends removed
- 1 ¾ cups brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 10cm stalk lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 8 pappadums, cooked in microwave with a little spray oil
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place first seven ingredients in large slow cooker.
2 In a large bowl, mix garlic, ginger, oil, curry paste, spices, honey, tomatoes, stock and water. Stir to combine. Pour mix over vegetables and lentils.
3 Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
4 Check the dish towards the end of the cooking time to ensure there is enough liquid. Add a little water, if required, to achieve the desired consistency of your curry.
5 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
6 Just before serving, stir in the coconut milk and heat. Serve curry with rice, yoghurt and pappadums on the side. Garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste, spices and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.