Spiced barbeque chicken with cucumber pickle salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (see tips) or sweet chilli sauce
- 4 small bone-in chicken thighs spray oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 2 small carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup finely shredded white cabbage
- ½ cup apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- fresh chillies and spring onion, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- 1½ cups steamed brown rice
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Thin gochujang, if using, with a little water. Rub over chicken thighs and place on baking tray. Spray thighs and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through (see tips).
2 In a large bowl, combine cucumber, carrot and cabbage. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and soy sauce with ¼ cup water and pour over salad, mixing well to coat vegetables. Set aside.
3 Heat rice. Serve chicken on rice with salad on the side, garnished with chillies and spring onion, if desired. Spiced barbecue chicken with cucumber pickle salad
Make it gluten free: Check gochujang, sauces and vinegar are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose gochujang or sweet chilli sauce that does not contain onion or garlic. Use only the green tips of the spring onion.
Gochujang is a Korean chilli paste available at Asian supermarkets or in the international aisle.
Alternatively, cook on a barbecue grill with the lid down for 20-30 minutes.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us