Coconut soy baked fish with veges and rice
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 4 x 120g terakihi fillets
- 2 spring onions, chopped (reserve green part for garnish)
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed, cut in thirds
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- To serve
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Place coconut milk, soy sauce, ginger and lemongrass in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
2 Place four 20 x 20cm pieces of tin foil on bench. Place a piece of fish on each and top with white part of spring onion, beans and carrot. Pour quarter of the coconut soy sauce over each piece of fish and top with a quarter of the spinach. Season.
3 Fold foil to enclose and place parcels on baking tray. Bake for 15—18 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
4 Place fish, veges and sauce onto plates, sprinkle with the green part of the spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot brown rice and broccoli on the side.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
- Make it low FODMAP: Only use green part of spring onion.
For a meal for one, serve one portion of fish and sauce mix (freeze the rest of the sauce in an ice cube tray). Serve with half a spring onion, 1 carrot, 1/4 cup green beans and spinach leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like