Courgette, broccoli and blue cheese fritters
Time to make: 25 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated (or use 340g marrow, grated)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 250g pouch cooked brown rice (or 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice)
- 4 eggs
- 30g blue cheese, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Squeeze excess moisture from courgettes using a clean tea towel.
2 Spray a pan with oil and heat to medium high. Combine courgettes, broccoli, brown rice, eggs and blue cheese in a large bowl and mix together well.
3 Put dessert spoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook for about 2 minutes, then turn and cook the other side, until golden. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
4 Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5 Serve fritters with tomato salad.
Leftover fritters are great cold for lunch the next day.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of simple, tasty, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $99. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us