Creamy chicken and vegetable korma
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut in 3cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 150g green beans, halved
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- ¾ cup evaporated soy milk
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
2 Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil and brown in batches. Transfer to saucepan with onion as each batch is browned.
3 Add curry paste to frying pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir until boiling. Transfer to saucepan. Add kumara to saucepan.
4 Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked and kumara is tender. Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes until beans are just tender. Add evaporated soy milk and coconut essence and stir until warmed through. Serve with jasmine rice.
Make it gluten free: Check korma curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like