Lamb and couscous salad
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup wholegrain couscous
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil with lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 courgette, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 100g cooked lean lamb fillet or steak, sliced, cooled
- 1 cup baby kale, rocketarugulaX or spinach
1 Place couscous and smoked paprika in a jug and just cover with boiling water. Cover with a plate and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
2 Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing at the bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
3 Layer salad ingredients in jar in the order listed, placing couscous before lamb. Screw lid on tightly.
4 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us