Creamy spring chicken pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 100g wholemeal pasta (eg. spaghetti)
- oil spray
- 150g skinless chicken breast, sliced in 2cm pieces
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add spring onion, garlic and broccoli and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add peas and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted. Add drained pasta.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt and mustard. Add yoghurt mixture and reserved pasta water to chicken and pasta mix. Stir well to combine and coat pasta. Return to heat briefly to thicken sauce.
- Season pasta with black pepper and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check mustard is gluten-free.
This recipe can be easily doubled to serve 4.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us