Aromatic vege curry with Beef Free Chunks
- spray oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 200g pack vegetarian beef alternative chunks
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 5 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 2 x 250g packs microwaveable brown rice
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder and stir
- Add broccoli and courgettes and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add beef alternative chunks, soy sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, letting liquid reduce slightly. Add spinach and chilli.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Divide rice and curry between 4 serving bowls. Garnish with coriander, kaffir lime leaves and extra chilli, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check curry powder is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.