Teriyaki tofu with soba and greens
- 200g soba noodles
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300g firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon each minced garlic and minced ginger
- 400g broccolini or 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- chilli flakes and fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook noodles following packet instructions, drain and refresh with cold water.
2 Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high. Add tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides. Reduce heat and pour over teriyaki sauce. Cook for another 30 seconds then remove from pan.
3 Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining sesame oil, garlic, ginger, broccolini or broccoli and spring onion to pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
4 Arrange noodles on 4 plates and top with tofu, broccolini mix, avocado and edamame. Garnish with sesame seeds, coriander and chilli flakes, if using, and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 17g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check tofu and teriyaki sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us