Teriyaki tofu with soba and greens
(at time of publication)
- 200g soba noodles
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300g firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon each minced garlic and minced ginger
- 400g broccolini or 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- chilli flakes and fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook noodles following packet instructions, drain and refresh with cold water.
2 Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high. Add tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides. Reduce heat and pour over teriyaki sauce. Cook for another 30 seconds then remove from pan.
3 Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining sesame oil, garlic, ginger, broccolini or broccoli and spring onion to pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
4 Arrange noodles on 4 plates and top with tofu, broccolini mix, avocado and edamame. Garnish with sesame seeds, coriander and chilli flakes, if using, and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check tofu and teriyaki sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 17g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information