Fish and fennel stewReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel (or 2 baby bulbs), trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 100g baby spinach
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and fennel. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until soft and slightly caramelised. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated. Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low
and simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Add fish and olives. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Stir through spinach. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information