Pumpkin, herbed cream cheese and spinach cob loaf
- 4 cups 2cm-cubed pumpkin
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 large wholemeal cob loaf
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 250g oil-free roasted red capsicum, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. On a tray lined with baking paper, place pumpkin. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with cumin. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and chives. In a separate bowl, place chickpeas. Mash, leaving some texture.
- Cut the top third off the cob loaf and reserve. Scoop out the centre, leaving a 2cm-thick shell. Spread inside of cob shell and lid with cream cheese mixture.
- Place pumpkin at the bottom of the cob and gently mash. Add half of the spinach. Top with pesto, capsicum, chickpeas and the remaining spinach.
- Wrap cob loaf tightly in plastic wrap. Place between two plates and lay a heavy object on top to compress filling. Place in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, place lid on the cob loaf and slice into wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check cumin is gluten free.
Before serving, try placing the cob loaf in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes, or until crust is warm and crisp.
Turn the centre of the cob loaf into breadcrumbs for later use.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us