Garlic chilli cabbage spaghettiReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 300g dried spaghetti or linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons mild chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic purèe
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup liquid chicken stock made with 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder and ¼ cup water
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook spaghetti until tender but still with some bite. Drain and return to pan with chilli paste. Toss and keep warm.
2 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and cook onion until softened. Add garlic purèe with tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3 Add cabbage with stock and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4 Add vegetables to spaghetti. Toss together lightly. Season with pepper. Serve sprinkled with walnuts and garnished with chopped fresh parsley if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information