Ginger and soy tempeh stir-fry
Time to make: 15 mins , plus 20 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- spray oil
- 250g pack tempeh (I used Tonzo brand)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 large handful bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 4.9g
Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
1 Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Slice the tempeh block in half, then cut into rectangular slices. Add the tempeh to the marinade and coat well. Put aside for 20 minutes.
2 When the tempeh has marinated, heat a wok or large frying pan on a high heat and spray with oil. Add the tempeh, reserving any leftover marinade, and stir-fry until starting to brown. Add the capsicum, spring onion and carrot, combine well and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Finally, add the bean sprouts and any remaining marinade and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
3 Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coriander. Serve with noodles or rice.
Add some chopped fresh chilli for extra heat.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)