- spray oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra
- 120g chicken breast, cut in 3cm pieces
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 small corn sweetcornXtortilla
- Tomato salad
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, chipotle sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until beans are warmed through.
2 In a bowl, place all tomato salad ingredients and combine.
3 In a pan of slow boiling water, place chicken and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and cover for 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, shred with a fork and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
4 In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and extra chipotle sauce.
5 To assemble bento, place beans, tomato salad, poached chicken and chipotle yoghurt in compartments in a bento box, or use separate dishes.
6 Warm tortilla in the microwave and serve alongside bento.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information