- spray oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra
- 120g chicken breast, cut in 3cm pieces
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 small corn sweetcornXtortilla
- Tomato salad
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 Spray a saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, chipotle sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until beans are warmed through.
2 In a bowl, place all tomato salad ingredients and combine.
3 In a pan of slow boiling water, place chicken and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and cover for 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, shred with a fork and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
4 In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and extra chipotle sauce.
5 To assemble bento, place beans, tomato salad, poached chicken and chipotle yoghurt in compartments in a bento box, or use separate dishes.
6 Warm tortilla in the microwave and serve alongside bento.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us