Quick green vege pilaf
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup cooked black or brown rice
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- ½ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- black pepper, to serve
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to serve
1 Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add rice, vegetables and stock to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed and veges are tender.
2 Serve pilaf seasoned with black pepper and sprinkled with parmesan and olive oil.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese and check stock is vegan (we use Massel stock).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information