Ginger garlic chicken stir fry
- 1 bag stir-fry veges, thawed if frozen (eg, broccoli, Brussel’s sprouts, kale, green beans, carrots, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 300g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ready-made stir-fry sauce of your choice
- 1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, to serve
1 Warm a large pan over medium-high heat. Place vegetables in pan with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with lid for 30 seconds. Remove lid and stir. The vegetables should be bright green and barely softened. Transfer vegetables to a platter or bowl and drain the water.
2 Add oil to pan and set over high heat. When oil is shimmering and hot, but not smoking, add chicken, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread across pan. Let chicken cook without moving for 1-2 minutes, then use a spatula to flip the pieces over or stir them around. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
3 While chicken is cooking, put stir-fry sauce into a small bowl. Add vinegar and whisk to combine.
4 Remove chicken from heat and drizzle with half the sauce. Stir to coat. Scoop chicken over top of vegetables. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with remaining sauce. Toss before serving, if desired.
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.