Vegetable and haloumi kebabs with tzatziki coleslaw
Last updated date: 30 August 2018
(at time of publication)
- 12 wooden sticks, pre-soaked
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 120g haloumi cheese, cut in 12 chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 cooked small potatoes
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced in 1.5cm pieces
- 16 small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint or fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
1 Thread alternating vegetable pieces on kebab sticks. Mix glaze ingredients together and brush over vegetables.
2 Place kebabs on a preheated barbecue rack and brush once more with glaze. Cook kebabs for 4-5 minutes, turning several times until haloumi begins to turn golden and vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, mix coleslaw ingredients together. Season to taste. Serve kebabs with coleslaw.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.