(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- peel of ½ an orange, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cups chopped crown pumpkin
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chopped roasted almonds
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Spray a large heavy-based pot or cast-iron pan with oil and heat to medium. Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add harissa paste and cook for 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add next 10 ingredients – from tomato paste to cinnamon. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt, dill, mint and lemon juice.
- Taste tagine and season with more harissa if needed. Serve topped with yoghurt mixture, with almonds and rice on the side.
You can use butter beans instead of chickpeas.
Use 1 tablespoon dried dill if you don’t have fresh dill.
If you can’t find harissa paste, mix harissa powder with a little water instead.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa, stock and tomato paste are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use soy yoghurt instead and a vegan stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us