(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced
- 4 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- peel of ½ an orange, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cups chopped crown pumpkin
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chopped roasted almonds
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Spray a large heavy-based pot or cast-iron pan with oil and heat to medium. Fry onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add harissa paste and cook for 2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add next 10 ingredients – from tomato paste to cinnamon. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt, dill, mint and lemon juice.
- Taste tagine and season with more harissa if needed. Serve topped with yoghurt mixture, with almonds and rice on the side.
You can use butter beans instead of chickpeas.
Use 1 tablespoon dried dill if you don’t have fresh dill.
If you can’t find harissa paste, mix harissa powder with a little water instead.
Make it gluten free: Check harissa, stock and tomato paste are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use soy yoghurt instead and a vegan stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information