Capsicum and bean pizza
- 4 medium wholemeal pita breads
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ¼ cups grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 2cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly torn
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pita breads on 2 baking trays and spread evenly with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
2 Top cheese with onion, capsicums, beans and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until base is crisp and vegetables are tender. Garnish with basil before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
For a meaty pizza, use 150g shredded cooked chicken breast instead of cannellini beans.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us