Grilled chicken with potato gratin and garlicky greensReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 medium-sized potato, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ bunch broccolini, halved lengthways
- 1 medium-sized courgette, peeled in ribbons
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 150g chicken breast fillet, cut horizontally in 2 thin fillets
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend
- lemon wedge, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Layer potato slices and half of the onion slices in a 1-cup-capacity ramekin (potato will shrink when baked). Add chicken stock then cover ramekin with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake for 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
2 Meanwhile, place a medium-sized frying pan over a medium–high heat. Add broccolini with 1/4 cup water and cook for 3 minutes or until broccolini is tender yet firm and water has evaporated. Add courgette and remaining onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until courgette is tender. Add garlic, chilli (if using) and half of the olive oil. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture is fragrant and green vegetables are coated. Transfer greens to a serving plate.
3 Heat remaining olive oil in same frying pan set over a medium–high heat. Sprinkle chicken fillets with seasoning. Cook each side for 2–3 minutes, or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
4 Serve chicken and gratin with greens and a lemon wedge.
- You can replace broccolini with baby spinach, sugar snap peas or asparagus, depending on what’s in season.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check spice is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information