Creamy chicken pasta with tomato pesto
(at time of publication)
- 250g wholegrain spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- ½ cup light cooking cream
- 1 avocado, diced (optional, but included in nutrition analysis)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan, to serve
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium. Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and cook for a further minute, or until almost wilted.
- Add pasta, cooking liquid, chicken, pesto and cream to pan. Toss gently to combine and warm through. Stir in the avocado, if using. Serve pasta topped with grated parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check pesto is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information